Dental visits make many people feel nervous, anxious, or even afraid. However, dental care also plays an important role in your appearance, your health, and your overall quality of life. If you have experienced anxiety or worry associated with dental care in the past, Marcin Dental Centers can help—we offer sedation dentistry options in Peoria and Chillicothe designed to allow you to feel relaxed and safe during any dental procedure so you can receive the professional dental care you need without stress or fear.
Reasons to Choose Sedation Dentistry
Together with your dentist, you will choose the best type of sedation for your visit, based on the dental treatment you need and your level of comfort for a customized and comfortable experience during every appointment.
- Dental sedation can help nervous or anxious patients feel less worried about visiting the dentist, whether for a biannual cleaning or to receive treatment such as a filling, root canal, or even cosmetic dentistry. Patients who tend to avoid or put off dental work due to fear or discomfort can greatly benefit from receiving treatment with personalized sedation.
- If you simply dislike the feeling of undergoing dental work or feel uncomfortable keeping your mouth open and your head back for long periods of time, dental sedation can make these experiences much easier and more comfortable.
- Patients can undergo a greater number of dental procedures during a single visit with the help of dental sedation. If you need several fillings or want to undergo a more extensive cosmetic dentistry treatment, sedation allows your dentist to work more efficiently and reduces boredom by making it feel as though the visit was only a few moments long.
How Does Sedation Dentistry Work?
Sedation dentistry allows you and your dentist to work together to help you feel more comfortable in the dentist’s chair.
- Nitrous oxide is the mildest form of dental sedation; this gas is inhaled through a small mask placed over your nose, and takes effect and wears off quickly. Patients who receive nitrous oxide are completely awake and aware during appointments, but feel much more relaxed.
- Oral sedation generally consists of medications taken prior to your appointment. These medications help you feel relaxed and sleepy for a higher level of sedation and comfort during dental visits.
- IV sedation is administered at the dental office, and may make you feel drowsy or put you completely to sleep, depending on the level of sedation required and the dental procedures you’ll be receiving.
*Alan Forfar, DDS is IV sedation certified
You can reach Marcin Dental Centers by calling (309) 693-0043 in Peoria or (309) 274-6237 in Chillicothe for more information about our sedation dentistry solutions in Illinois
Why Choose Us?
- 0% Financing Available
- Multiple Locations
- Friendly & Knowledgeable Staff
- Cutting Edge Technology
- Accepts Most Insurance Plans
- All of Your Dental Needs in One Place